Heath Bar Apple Dip Recipe

heath bar apple dip recipe #apples

October is National Apple Month so I decided to post this recipe that I discovered on the back of a Heath bag about 10 years ago. This recipe is easy to make, tastes delicious and will help you use any apples that you have left over from apple picking.

According to livestrong.com:

Apples contain significant amounts of flavonoids, phytochemicals found in plants that help protect cells from damage, reducing your risk for heart disease, cancer and other serious health problems. Quercetin, one of the flavonoids found in apples, may reduce your risk for stomach, prostate, ovarian and breast cancers.

I guess Ben Franklin was correct when he coined the phrase “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. 🙂

Heath Bar Apple Dip Recipe

Author: Kimberly D– savingmorethanme.com
Recipe type: dessert; party
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 8-12
Ingredients
  • 1 package of cream cheese {8 oz}–
    *allow cream cheese to soften a bit by leaving out on counter
  • ½ cup of packed brown sugar
  • ¼ cup of regular sugar
  • 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
  • 1 package of Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee Bits
  • 4 apples
Instructions
  1. Use mixer to combine cream cheese, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla. Do not overmix.
  2. Fold in the toffee bits.
  3. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
  4. Slice the apples into desired size.
  5. To keep the apple slices from turning brown, dip into pineapple juice.
  6. Serve apples and dip!

17 Comments

natalie parvis
    October 28, 2013 at 4:29 pm

This looks great! I love the whole idea!

Pete H
    October 26, 2013 at 2:51 am

Anything that will help the kids eat more apples looks great — and this looks sweet and gooey, too! 🙂

michelle oakley warner
    October 25, 2013 at 5:26 pm

omg i love heath bars, this is the most amazing recipe i have seen, i so cant wait to try it out, my mouth is watering, thank you so much for a great recipe

Marti Tabora
    October 16, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I definitely have to make this now. I know it would not last long at my house. Thanks.

Terri
    September 2, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Ohhhh…this looks so good! I can’t wait to make it! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Peggy Greco
    May 27, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I like apples and this dip looks so tasty;thanks for recipe!

Christy Cummins
    May 15, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Ooooh…this looks so yummy I have try it. Pinning!

Amy B
    May 15, 2013 at 12:05 am

Yum! This looks absolutely delicious!

Mandee
    February 3, 2013 at 10:48 am

I love this dip! It is my favorite fruit dip by far! Only question.. I had this at a party for the first time and that is how I discovered it. It was creamy too, so you didn’t have to fight it to get it on the apple. When I made it, it wasn’t creamy at all. I asked her what she used and she replied “Sorry, but I don’t share my recipes”… So now I am here. How can I make this creamier like it looks in the picture instead of a thick “peanut butter” like?

Kimberly
      February 3, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Mandee—Wow! Someone wouldn’t share her recipe? I think it’s a huge compliment when someone asks me for my recipe.
      I found that the softer the cream cheese, and the more I whipped it, the smoother it became. I like mine smooth too =) Hope that helps!

Mandee
        February 4, 2013 at 10:58 am

Yea! That is how I am too! Anyhow, thanks for the tip.. I was just mixing it together with a fork so I will try using a mixer next time!

polly
    November 7, 2012 at 6:21 pm

love this recipie and plan to try it out! the toffee bits sound like a nice added flavor!

Kimberly
      November 19, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Maybe I’m biased but it’s so yummy 🙂 Hope you all get a chance to make this <3

Longpig
    October 30, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Def. saving this! As boring as it sounds, apples are my fav fruit – I love eating them as is (“horse munching” as my bf says), making apple related treats – tarts, pies, juices, pairing them with meat…this is great!

Tooth Fairy
    October 29, 2012 at 1:17 am

i didn’t realize it was Apple pie month. I believe an apple a day keeps the doc away. It is also oral hygiene month but I still tend to bake mostly punpkin pie in October…

Melanie H.
    October 26, 2012 at 9:27 am

This sounds really good.. I am always looking for new ways to get my daughter to eat more fruits and veggies.. I’ll have to try this dip and see if she likes it

Karen Glatt
    October 25, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I love eating apples because I know that they are good for me! I really like this recipe and am going to Pin it to Pinterest. I had some apples for a snack last night and I dipped them in caramel. I do not do this too often though because I do not want to turn a healthy apple into something unhealthy! But once in awhile it is okay to eat dessert!