Heath Bar Apple Dip Recipe

heath bar apple dip recipe #apples

October is National Apple Month so I decided to post this recipe that I discovered on the back of a Heath bag about 10 years ago. This recipe is easy to make, tastes delicious and will help you use any apples that you have left over from apple picking.

According to livestrong.com:

Apples contain significant amounts of flavonoids, phytochemicals found in plants that help protect cells from damage, reducing your risk for heart disease, cancer and other serious health problems. Quercetin, one of the flavonoids found in apples, may reduce your risk for stomach, prostate, ovarian and breast cancers.

I guess Ben Franklin was correct when he coined the phrase “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. :)

Heath Bar Apple Dip Recipe

Author: Kimberly D– savingmorethanme.com
Recipe type: dessert; party
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 8-12
Ingredients
  • 1 package of cream cheese {8 oz}–
    *allow cream cheese to soften a bit by leaving out on counter
  • ½ cup of packed brown sugar
  • ¼ cup of regular sugar
  • 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
  • 1 package of Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee Bits
  • 4 apples
Instructions
  1. Use mixer to combine cream cheese, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla. Do not overmix.
  2. Fold in the toffee bits.
  3. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
  4. Slice the apples into desired size.
  5. To keep the apple slices from turning brown, dip into pineapple juice.
  6. Serve apples and dip!

If you make this recipe, let me know what you think!

Comments

1. michelle oakley warner says

omg i love heath bars, this is the most amazing recipe i have seen, i so cant wait to try it out, my mouth is watering, thank you so much for a great recipe

2. Mandee says

I love this dip! It is my favorite fruit dip by far! Only question.. I had this at a party for the first time and that is how I discovered it. It was creamy too, so you didn’t have to fight it to get it on the apple. When I made it, it wasn’t creamy at all. I asked her what she used and she replied “Sorry, but I don’t share my recipes”… So now I am here. How can I make this creamier like it looks in the picture instead of a thick “peanut butter” like?

• Kimberly {Blog Owner} says

Mandee—Wow! Someone wouldn’t share her recipe? I think it’s a huge compliment when someone asks me for my recipe.
      I found that the softer the cream cheese, and the more I whipped it, the smoother it became. I like mine smooth too =) Hope that helps!

• Mandee says

Yea! That is how I am too! Anyhow, thanks for the tip.. I was just mixing it together with a fork so I will try using a mixer next time!

3. Longpig says

Def. saving this! As boring as it sounds, apples are my fav fruit – I love eating them as is (“horse munching” as my bf says), making apple related treats – tarts, pies, juices, pairing them with meat…this is great!

4. says

i didn’t realize it was Apple pie month. I believe an apple a day keeps the doc away. It is also oral hygiene month but I still tend to bake mostly punpkin pie in October…

5. says

This sounds really good.. I am always looking for new ways to get my daughter to eat more fruits and veggies.. I’ll have to try this dip and see if she likes it

6. Karen Glatt says

I love eating apples because I know that they are good for me! I really like this recipe and am going to Pin it to Pinterest. I had some apples for a snack last night and I dipped them in caramel. I do not do this too often though because I do not want to turn a healthy apple into something unhealthy! But once in awhile it is okay to eat dessert!